Alexander Jacobs | Angel of Magic and Protection | FC: Kenny Wormald | OPEN
Playing babysitter for you and your whiny ass brother isn’t exactly my idea of fun either but it’s happening - so get over it.
- Alexander is a very old, very powerful angel. His role has always been that of magic because of his hand in creating it among the humans. It is from his blood that originally witches were created, his affair with a mortal meant that his angelic powers were passed on into a new generation. It is because of this that he can sense whether a person is a witch or not.
- Before the fall he was best friends with Adrian Fuller and the pair had been inseparable since they were born. When Adrian started gathering the angels to rebel Alexander was tempted to join them but after he discovered that Adrian had slept with Layla he decided to fight for the good side. He still cares about Adrian but he doubts if his friend will ever be the same man he was.
- Layla Vega was the love of his life and when she cheated on him with Adrian and defected to the rebels, it broke his heart. He has never gotten over her and finds it hard to trust people because of it. He’s still crazy about her and its hard for him to be around her without wanting to be with her again. He knows that being with her is strictly forbidden and that if anything happens between them he will face severe punishments.
- As Alexander was tempted to join the rebels he is currently on pretty thin ice with the big bosses in heaven, they don’t like his reckless, impatient attitude and they’re just waiting for him to screw up so that they can punish him. That’s why he’s been given a new job - supposedly his last chance at redemption - to be the Angel of Protection. The job description is essentially to protect one Elena Gilbert from the Original Hybrid Niklaus Mikaelson and get control over the increasingly large supernatural population.
- At first Alexander finds the girl irritating and is highly begrudging of his role as her ‘baby sitter’. He sees protecting a weak human as a boring chore and cares very little for her but that is just his defensive nature from having his heart broken by Layla. It’s not long before he sees that there is far more to the doppelganger than meets the eye, her strong willed loving nature surprises him and soon his job becomes a lot easier than he expects since he actually wants to protect her.
- Whilst he appears quite rude and stubborn he does make friends in town, especially Damon Salvatore. Damon reminds him of Adrian but before the fall and he hopes that the man stays that way, Alexander worries that someday he might cross a line and be past forgiving.
- His little sister is Dina Jacobs and whilst he will always love her sometimes he thinks she is far too much of a meddling little girl. He knows she will always be there for him and is incredibly supportive but at the same time he hates that can never have any secrets - she knows everything.
Family: Dina Jacobs (Sister)
Friends: Elena Gilbert, Damon Salvatore, Jeremy Gilbert, Bonnie Bennett, Hayley Montgomery, Tyler Lockwood
Enemies: Adrian Fuller (Frenemies), Eris Nedra, Klaus Mikaelson, Kol Mikaelson, Layla Vega (Frenemies)
Luka Martins| Hybrid | 24 years old | FC: Matt Bomer | OPEN
"You’re the brother I’ve never had but I just don’t know if that’s enough"
- Luka Martins was born to a conventional American family in Minnesota, his parents were well known and likeable and they were excited to be having a new baby boy. However the Martins were not aware of the Werewolf gene that carried throughout the male side of the family, Charles had never triggered his gene so was completely oblivious and Christa didn’t believe in such insane things because they weren’t in the bible. When Christa was giving birth there were some serious complications and she died during labour. Unintentionally, Luka had been the cause of his mothers death. Luka became the very first known child werewolf something that has haunted him throughout his whole life. When Luka had his first transformation he almost killed his father who believed him to be a monster or demon sent by the devil. Even though the baby boy was the only thing he had left of his beloved wife, Charles Martins made the tough decision to abandon the uncontrollable child - leaving him in the nearby woods.
- Crying and alone in the woods Luka was discovered by the werewolf pack who had been travelling together for years and lived in the woods. At first they weren’t aware that he was one of them - after all who had heard of a baby werewolf? But after the first full moon together they soon saw what he was. Raising him to be the most controlled but powerful werewolf they could imagine he became a part of a close knit and loving family. The pack were all he could have ever wanted and more.
- When Klaus found the pack they were staying in the woods near to Mystic Harbor. His instructions were this - to give up their strongest, smartest wolf in exchange for their survival. Before he knew it Luka had offered himself up in order to protect his beloved family. Klaus turned Luka before their eyes into a hybrid and he became instantly sired. Under Klaus’ instruction he abandoned the pack to search for untriggered werewolves in the nearby town of Mystic Harbor.
- On arriving in Mystic Harbor he quickly found Sam Rogers an untriggered werewolf and somewhat loner. He developed a close friendship with Sam under the intent to bring him to Klaus but the closer and closer he gets to Sam the more he wants to protect him. Sam is becoming the brother he never had and he wants to help him get away from Mystic Harbor before Klaus gets him. Still Luka is struggling to fight his sire bond to Klaus and he fears how Klaus might react if he disobeys him - he is risking the lives of his Pack after all.
- Luka has heard rumours of a hybrid who broke his bond to Klaus and so when he meets Tyler he is intrigued to know more. He hopes that somehow Tyler will be able to help him break his own bond and defeat Klaus.
- On arriving in Mystic Harbor Luka found friendship with Nathan Fell the local teacher, Nathan doesn’t know the truth about what Luka is and Luka wants to keep it that way. Being friends with Nathan makes him feel almost human again and he’s not ready to give that up if Nathan discovers the truth.
- Johanna Mansfield, one member of the powerful witch quartet, has drawn the attention of Luka. He knows that she’s a lot younger than him but she’s different to so many of the girls he has met before. The way that she seems uninterested in the world around her and would rather be immersed in a book makes him want to know the girl behind the pages. Still he’s wary of being interested in someone so powerful because he fears that she may turn against him if she knows he’s sired to Klaus.
Family: His werewolf pack (Forced to abandon), Charles Martins (Father, untriggered werewolf) Christa Martins (Mother, deceased)
Friends: Sam Rogers, Klaus Mikaelson (sort of), Nathan Fell, Johanna Mansfield, Tyler Lockwood
Enemies: Klaus Mikaelson (sort of)
Sam Rogers | Untriggered Werewolf | 17 years old | FC: Hunter Parrish |OPEN
"I’ve never really been good at fitting in - I guess this is just another added quirk"
- Kind hearted
- Hot Tempered
- Sam was born and raised in Mystic Harbor and he’s never been anywhere else in his whole life. When Sam was little his mother walked out on him and his father, since then his father has become an abusive drunk blaming Sam for his mother’s disappearance. Sam doesn’t know that he has a werewolf gene from his mother’s side, he doesn’t know anything about the supernatural, all he knows is that his dad is a jerk and he can’t wait to get the hell out of this town.
- Since he was a kid Sam has never fit in very well. The other kids weren’t a fan of his bruises and if they did ever befriend him they left him alone as soon as they’d met his dad. However he’s had a crush on Marie Poulter since he met her. He loves how insanely clever she is, how she’s so driven and how she wants to make sure she does everything perfectly. He admires all that about her but he doesn’t think she even knows he exists.
- Sam’s one thing that has always made him feel good is his affinity for the arts. He’s always drawing, painting, making art out of anything he can get his hands on. Its his way of going into his own little world and escaping life with his father.
- When all the new people started arriving in town Sam was a little wary - new people just meant covering up his father’s drunkenness for as long as he could before everyone started to judge him. Still he couldn’t help but find a friend in the kind, chirpy Caroline Forbes. She has been there for him since they met and has even managed to get his dad to like her despite all the abuse he gave her when they first met. Sam doesn’t know if he’s interested in her not, all he knows is he’s glad to have a friend like that.
- The biggest change for him with the arrivals was Luka Martins. At first Sam didn’t understand why a guy like Luka would want to hang out with him but they soon became very good friends. Luka was able to understand things that no one else seemed to. The way that Sam would struggle with his anger, how sometimes he felt so completely alone, he could tell Luka anything and knew that he wouldn’t judge him. It was almost like Luka was the family Sam had never had.
- A new and seemingly unusual family, the Mikaelsons, has moved into Mystic Harbor and caused up quite a stir. Klaus Mikaelson appears to be showing a lot of interest in Sam which makes Sam quite wary of what the strange man could want from him. However Rebekah Mikaelson, the only Mikaelson sister, has caught his eye because he sees a loneliness that he feels reflected in her. He hopes that they can become friends despite that aversion he has to her brothers.
Family: Frank Rogers (Father), Leanne Rogers (Mother, Werewolf)
Friends: Luka Martins, Jeremy Gilbert, Melissa Glaser, Caroline Forbes, Marie Poulter, Adam Conant, Rebekah Mikaelson
Enemies: Frank Rogers, Klaus Mikaelson (Will be)
James Brody | 25 years old | Human/Hunter | FC: Jensen Ackles | OPEN
“If those things are supposed to be dead, they shouldn’t be wandering around and making people their snacks. Death is their only destiny.”
- James Brody is an old friend of the Saltzman family and has known Alaric since they were kids. Whilst the men haven’t seen each other much over recent years they kept in touch - helping each other out when they could. Since James owes Alaric a favour he has promised to stay in town and help him protect everyone from any of the problems that follow their arrival.
- Like Alaric, James was raised to be a hunter and he has always followed in that line of work. When he was fifteen his younger brother was killed by a vampire and since then he has been driven to destroy as many as he can. It is because of this that James would never consider being friends with supernaturals - they disgust him because he believes them to be unnatural and inhuman. The only ones he tolerates are witches because of their connection with the earth, this has always made him believe that they were at least born to be good.
- Moving to Mystic Harbor has been unusual for him, he’s used to constantly being on the go and doesn’t like to settle in one place for longer than a few weeks. He’s not sure how much he likes the people of this town but because of his connection with Alaric he will never leave until Alaric says so.
- So far James has befriended Jake Armstrong because he recognises elements of himself in Jake’s character. He hopes to be a mentor for the younger man to guide him towards keeping up his old hunter ways - just redirecting them towards vampires.
- The presence of the originals in town has made James very wary - whilst he is one of the best hunters of his generation he doesn’t have the power to take on that kind of vamp. However he hopes that with the help of all the witches in town perhaps they can finally get rid of these monsters for good.
- He has heard about Katherine Pierce and her story and how she successively walked away of Klaus’s claws alive and well, but always selling someone’s life for hers. He knows she’s dangerous but that’s not something that will be holding him down about hurting her if she decides to pull off one of her stunts. Although he’s a natural enemy of hers he enjoys how he manages to get on her nerves.
- James can’t help but be attracted to Faye Chamberlain but he’s wary of having any interest in her - he hates showing any vulnerability and he knows she’d be the worst person to develop any feelings for. However he is also interested in her best friend Melissa, he just feels like he can be open with her - something that he’s never really had with anyone before - so he wants to hold onto that. Still he’s scared that he’ll hurt her or she’ll hurt him.
Family: Luke Brody (brother, deceased)
Friends: Alaric Saltzman, Elena Gilbert, Jeremy Gilbert, Jake Armstrong, Faye Chamberlain, Melissa Glaser
Enemies: The Mikaelsons, Katherine Pierce (kind of), The Salvatores
Adam Conant | 17 years old | Warlock | FC: Thomas Dekker | OPEN
“We haven’t quite worked out the kinks of getting along.”
- Adam was born in Chance Harbor and raised by his alcoholic father Ethan because his mother died in the boatyard fire. Adam was the second person to know about the circle because he was Diana’s boyfriend and she explained it all to him. Together they became the groups’ power couple – much to the dislike of Faye Chamberlain.
- However this all changed when Cassie Blake arrived in town – Adam felt an intense connection and attraction to her, making his relationship with Diana very difficult. Adam convinced Cassie to be a part of the circle and together they all bound the circle, meaning they can only use magic together.
- When Nick is possessed and killed and Jake moves into town, Adam is instantly irritated by this turn of events. Whilst they need the circle to be complete he loathes Jake because Jake stole from his father when Ethan took him in. Jake and Adam are constantly at odds with each other – especially over their feelings for Cassie – but generally they try and work together for the good of the circle.
- Diana and Adam ended their relationship because she felt he needed to work out his feelings for Cassie – this led to him going out with Cassie. Cassie and his relationship got very intense and she lost her virginity to him. However after John Blackwell invented a curse that meant they couldn’t be together, as they believed a circle member would die, the couple took an elixir to forget their love for one another. Adam knows that he loved Cassie but cannot feel it and it just feels like someone else’s life to him. He doesn’t know that Cassie still loves him and remembers everything.
- After everything the circle has been through the move to Mystic Harbor seemed like the perfect opportunity to escape. Adam knows that he’s running away, something that he never envisaged himself doing, but he can’t help wanting to preserve his life and his friends lives. As much as the circle is essentially a bunch of misfits, they are a family and he wants to keep it that way.
- When he arrived in Mystic Harbor he was struck by how many things reminded him of home and he hoped that would make it easier to settle there. He has quickly made friends with a lot of the newcomers and sees himself growing closer to Marie Poulter as he can sense there is something special about her. He has also become quite good friends with Matt Donovan after he realised that Matt was just a genuinely nice guy – it was difficult to be suspicious of him then, even though Adam is pretty much always suspicious of new people. Adam has also developed a certain disliking for Stefan Salvatore but that is pretty much just jealousy because Stefan is becoming good friends with Diana and ruining any chances Adam has of winning her back.
- Right now Adam is confused, he doesn’t know whether he wants to try and get back what he had with Diana, search to rekindle his love for Cassie, or find something completely knew.
Family: Ethan Conant (Father), Catherine Conant (Mother, Deceased)
Friends: The Circle, Elijah Mikaelson, Matt Donovan, Rebekah Mikaelson, Bonnie Bennett, Caroline Forbes, Elena Gilbert, Jeremy Gilbert, Tyler Lockwood
Enemies: Stefan Salvatore (sort of), The Witch hunters
Elijah Mikaelson | 1000+ years old | Vampire | FC: Daniel Gillies | OPEN
“You know one thing I have learned in my time on this earth; be careful what you wish for.”
- Elijah is one of the Original Vampires. He’s the son of Esther and Mikael.
- Elijah was born in the New World and lived together with his family in peace among the werewolves for about twenty years. After his brother was killed by one of them, Esther cast a spell which transformed them into vampires because she didn’t want to lose another child. Soon after that they found out that their new species had flaws like the sunlight or vervain and when they realized that wood of the White Oak Tree held the ability to kill them, Elijah and his family burned it.
- For a long time, Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah sticked together as one; in 1492 he introduced Klaus to Katherine, who wanted to sacrifice her to break the Sun and Moon Curse but since Elijah had developed feelings for the doppelganger he tried to persuade Klaus to spare her life. When Katherine stole the moonstone with the help of Trevor, Klaus assumed Elijah had helped her and promised that he would kill him if he would not find her. Elijah attempted to track her down but told her that Klaus will hunt her forever and spared her life.
- Later Rose and Trevor called Elijah because they held Elena captive in the hope of using her to not run from him anymore. Elijah forgave Rose but killed Trevor since he had helped Katherine escape.
- He had no interest in breaking the curse but in killing Klaus; so he made a deal with Elena. For a short period of time he negotiated with the people of Mystic Falls, threatened them, until Alaric daggered him with the White Oak Ash Dagger but came back to life since they didn’t know that for an Original to remain “dead” they had to keep the dagger in.
- Shortly after that he was bluffed by Elena and stabbed again. When Klaus threatened Elena he was neutralized as she wanted him to help her. He showed her an elixir that would protect her from dying during the sacrifice.
- After the sacrifice he teamed up with Klaus since he gave him his word to reunite him with his family but was betrayed by his brothers words and was daggered by Klaus again.
- He was un-daggered by Damon; Klaus tried to make a deal with him to kill Stefan and help him to get the fourth coffin to reunite their family but he refused. Later, Klaus learned that it was Elijah, who had un-daggered the other Originals. Together they teamed up against their half-brother when their mother returned.
- He didn’t believe that Esther was sincere with her children and was right with that and trapped Elena since she had lied to him about that. He informed Rebekah to keep her there and that Stefan and Damon only had a short period of time to stop the Boundary Spell that kept the siblings linked. When Kol was daggered by Alaric, Elijah was killed, too, but was neutralized again when Klaus un-daggered him.
- The family had a standoff and after Damon killing Abby the spirits left Esther and she disappeared with Finn. He later told Rebekah that they no longer have a mother and that she just made them into vampires, they made monsters out of themselves. After that he left town and wrote a note to Elena that he was sorry for what he had done to her.
- Now he’s in Mystic Harbor to keep an eye on Klaus since he’s determined to use Elena’s blood for creating an army of hybrids.
Family: Mikael (step-father, deceased), Esther (mother, deceased), Klaus Mikaelson (half-brother), Kol Mikaelson (brother), Rebekah Mikaelson (sister), Finn Mikaelson (brother, deceased)
Friends: Elena Gilbert, Rebekah Mikaelson
Enemies: Klaus Mikaelson (kind of) and whoever tries to hurt his family.